Makiti Village is only 110km from the Komatipoort Border post.
Its 35km North of Maputo.
Its very accessible with the new Ring Road.
There is now a bridge between Maracuene and Macaneta which makes travelling to Macaneta quicker and more convenient.
Makiti is accessible with a 2WD vehicle.
Our Village is located only 800m from the beach.
Makiti is listed on Google Maps for easy directions.
Makiti Village has the following accommodation:
- Mozambiqian traditional Village with 5 Huts, sleeps 10.
- 3 Bedroom House with 3 Double Bunkers, sleeps 12, with 2 Bathrooms.
- Chalet with Double Bed and Double Bunker (space only allows 2 small children)
- 2 Camping Barakas (sleeps 4 per Baraka), outside toilet and shower.
- 4 Camping Sites with water and electricity.
To cool down we’ve got a state of the art Grotto Rock pool with a slide and water fall.
At night we light a fire in the pool to create a romantic atmosphere.
The pool is surrounded by Palm trees and well maintained garden.
Our Tiki Bar is open all the time with drinks, cocktails and different shooters. Our favorite is R&R (Local Tipo Tinto Rum and Marongo)and our local beer 2M (Dois M).
Our Take Away kitchen has very delicious quick pub lunches while you enjoy your drinks, such as: Hamburgers, Chicken and Chips, Chicken Snitzels, Baskets, exc
The bar is close to the Village so we prefer Party-goers to stay here. We play music all the time to create a social atmosphere.
Our bar attracted a lot of Pub Crawling customers as this is one of the most popular activity on Macaneta.
Macaneta is fortunate to have a river on the one side and the ocean on the other side. This makes it extremely popular for deep sea fishing where you can launch into the river. There is a new boat club and a marine.
- Boat trips to Pantsy Bay
- Snorkeling at Inhaca and Santa Maria
- Whale watching
- Horse rides on the beach
- 4 x 4 ing
- Pub crawling between different lodges
- Bird Watching
- Paint Ball